Saturday, October 20, 2012

1st Legacy Deck Version 2.1 Win In 2 Turns Poison/Infect – Thanks for Those Who Helped

This is the newest Legacy Infect Deck of Mine
http://craig-hamilton-mtg.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-fairly-casual-poison-legacy-deck-30.html
Updated 11/2/2012



Land: 23
4 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Breeding Pool (Forest Island)
4 Overgrown Tomb (Swamp Forest)
4 Watery Grave (Island Swamp)
2 Island
3 Forest
2 Swamp

Sorcery, Instant, Enchantment: 25
3 Spell Pierce
4 Invigorate
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Groundswell
3 Rancor
3 Giant Growth
4 Distortion Strike

Creatures: 12
4 Plague Stingers
4 Blighted Agent
4 Glistener Elf
 

15 comments:

  1. It may not be the best Legacy deck, but hopefully it doesn't inspire humiliation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the suggestion of Rancor, it is a nonstarter because it does not boost power. If I boost with only Rancor, it is a certain death. If I get two of them in my hand, I am screwed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say that it only boosts power and not toughness, such that I would be screwed having toughness of only one with all my creatures.

      Delete
  3. You do realize how trample works with infect right? Say you had a glistener elf enchanted with a rancor making it a 3/1 with trample and infect. Now say your opponent only had a 1/1 blocker you attack he blocks and thinks he's only taking 2 posion counters then you bust out a invigorate or two and all of a sudden he's taking anywhere from 4 to 10 poison counters depending on how many pump spells you cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I also put a 4th Groundswell in.

      Delete
    2. Until I have Rancor, I would probably do well to substitute Unnatural Predation for it.

      Delete
  4. I'm actually starting to get through to you! Yay i'm genuinely happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also monsterous growth is pretty bad you want instant speed pump spells not sorcery speed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 25 lands for an aggressive deck is way too many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i'm counting correctly you have 62 cards? Trim it to 60.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still going to say you need some non budget fetch lands to be able to smooth out the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree purely from a moral stand point. If I had that kind of money, I'd rather see it given to charity. At $15, the fetch lands I have are as expensive as I will tolerate.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete