Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Best Colorless Mana Accelerator I Know Of

I have had Palladium Myr in my Commander deck going back to when I first pulled one from a pack.  At the time, I had been working on my Silvos, Rogue Elemental deck (back when it used to be called EDH and not Commander format), and mana acceleration was on my mind.  There are few cards that can match offering 2 colorless or even colored mana for a casting cost of 3 mana.  I have this one in my deck along with Greenweaver Druid, with cast cost 2 colorless and a G, and it returns 2 green mana.   Fyndhorn Elder is also essentially identical to Greenweaver Druid, and thus like Palladium Myr.  The only detraction I see for Palladium Myr from the vantage point of my Commander, Silvos, Rogue Elemental is that he isn't an Elf, and thus Palladium Myr doesn't really fit with another 5 star card like Priest of Titania.

3 comments:

  1. Black Lotus is better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/resources/sfrlegacy

      The usage of Black Lotus is very restricted. Perhaps, I should have included it, when I made my claim. However, the least restricted format that I play is Legacy. As the link says, Black Lotus is banned in Legacy format.

      Delete
  2. Yes but it's still better. :P All i'm trying to say is there are far better colorless mana accelerators besides the Myr you listed. And that are not banned Black Lotus just happens to be the very best one, was just trying to enlighten you because lets face it that myr isn't that good.

    ReplyDelete