Saturday, February 11, 2012

Genesis Wave *** Fools Gold! But, good educational value

1. Genesis Wave *** Fools Gold! Educational Value 5

The only scenario where I can see this card being any good is if you have a ton of mana. 8 mana probably won’t cut it. The best part about this card is its educational value. I’d give it one star overall, if it was just about the play of the card, but in this case, Genesis Wave makes you do a little math in order to figure out if it is worth using. It took me a bit of math, and probability to figure it, and even if you 8 mana when you cast this card, it will probably disappoint you. Don’t worry though if you were fooled. I was fooled too! That was until I played a few games and found that this card isn’t really good. Just to verify, I pulled out my pen and paper and found that Genesis Wave isn’t a very good card.

3 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's because you never put it into a deck that could abuse it.
    Nettle Sentinel+Heritage Druid+ a bunch of cheap 1 mana elves lets you build up a large swath of mana very early to ramp out into huge numbers. Though i'd suggest using Glimpse of Nature myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used this one in Commander only, and that seems like a better format for this card. In my exerience, this one is a dud. Everytime I have seen it used, the person ends up drawing too much land, or cards that cost too much mana. I agree that is misuse. However, by the time you have enough mana to cast this, I believe if your deck is shuffled, you won't need it to help you draw a killer card. Keep in mind, most games only last a few turns. This card requires too many turns to play for using it. In fact, I would say that this card essentially eats up an entire turn, and that is the main reason why I dislike it. It isn't good enough to eat all the mana from a particular turn!

    ReplyDelete