Monday, February 20, 2012

Review of Kalonian Behemoth ** What a Waste of a Rare!

I can totally see how this card may seem attractive at first. I mean, do the math pay 7 mana get a 9/9. It’s simple addition, but you probably forgot that a 9/9 can be blocked by a 1/1. And, usually you don’t get a creature with greater power and toughness than the casting cost. In fact, thinking of it that way is too easy, as in this case Kalonian Behemoth, its shroud ability hurts it rather than helps it. This card needs to be made to have trample, or to be unblockable, and its shroud ability prevents you from doing that. I wouldn’t throw it out if you have one though, as the redemption of the value of this card is that if you use it as a defender, it is very powerful. So, if you do cast it, then I would use it as a defender only. However, really to me that this card is a 9/9 to me almost means that it annihilates creature every turn, provided that the opponent doesn’t have something like deathtouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment