Friday, February 10, 2012

Review of Ayumi, the Last Visitor ** A Mediocre Heavy Hitter With a Nearly Worthless Ability


Ayumi is a 7/3. That makes it a heavy hitter as far as I am concerned. Usually, a good formula for green heavy hitters is that the casting cost should at least be equal to (power/toughness)/2. That would be (7+3)/2=5 . In this case the casting cost of 5 is equal to the power and toughness divided by 2. So, actually it isn’t a very cost effective heavy hitter as far as green is concerned. It is also worthy to not that the better heavy hitters, generally have a toughness of 4 or better. 3 just isn’t enough. That is, I’d rather a 6/4 than a7/3.

Next, let’s look at its ability, “Legendry landwalk.” I am not very experienced at MTG. However, I am one smart dude, which I believes helps qualify me to review this card, and in my opinion legendary lands aren’t common enough to make this ability a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment