Monday, February 6, 2012

Review of Argothian Elder: **** Excellent If Used in an Elves Mana Acceleration Scenario

Review of Argothian Elder: **** Excellent If Used in an Elves Mana Acceleration Scenario

In my opinion the one of the best parts about having a mono green deck is that green is awesome at mana acceleration . By turn five, I am usually able to play cards that cost 10 mana, game winning cards, because of cards like Argothian Elder. If you can get something that can untap or beef it because it is an Elf in even better! This card goes really well with cards like Copperhorn Scout, Joraga Treespeaker or Elvish Archdruid. And, it is much better than the card, Farhaven Elf, that I am switching it in for.

I have 21 Elves in my commander deck, and I think that is a good number. These elves are used primarily for the purpose of mana acceleration. Even on the first turn of the game my mana acceleration is kicking in. This enables me to play enormous monstrosities later in the game. When I refer to monstrosities, I am referring to cards would not normally be able to be played until later in the game, or at all.

Also, the card Argothian Elder may go up in value as it becomes increasingly hard to get one. For example, starcitygames.com didn’t have one when I looked. When Star City doesn’t have one, then I can be assured that the local probably won’t have one either. I didn’t find many at amazon.com. This makes it so one has to look for it in obscure places on the internet, so if you really want this card, beware of scamers

No comments:

Post a Comment